Annabelle 2 Moving Ahead, Scribe Chosen

annabelle

New Line Cinema hit gold with James Wan’s The Conjuring, which raked in over $318 million on an estimated budget of $20 million. Naturally, a franchise was born, and last year’s Annabelle marked a successful spinoff. While it didn’t quite ace it with the critics, Annabelle‘s pull of $246 million meant only thing: a sister franchise.

An Annabelle sequel is on the way, and the film’s writer has been chosen. According to The Tracking Board, Annabelle screenwriter Gary Dauberman is being brought back to pen the follow-up to the doll-focused horror film.

The sequel is said to be “actively in development,” although a director is yet to be chosen. With Annabelle director John Leonetti not returning, the search now on for a replacement. The Conjuring director and producer James Wan is on board as producer.

Annabelle told the story a couple that begins to experience supernatural occurrences after one of their vintage dolls is invaded by satanic cultists. The film was a prequel to The Conjuring, which featured the doll -locked away in the house of protagonists Lorraine and Ed Warren- in a few scenes.

Meanwhile, James Wan’s The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist is set to hit the U.S. on June 10, 2016.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.